Grimani Breviary (1490-1510)
The codex is an illuminated manuscript of the Ghent-Bruges school of book illustration, dating from 1490-1510. It contains 831 parchment sheets with illuminations on 1280 pages and 110 pictures all of them in a decorated frame.
The miniatures represent different styles, some of them are attributed to Hans Memling, while others to Alexander and Simon Bening.
The name comes from Cardinal Grimani of Venice, who purchased this beautiful illuminated manuscript in 1520 for 500 golden ducates.
The origin of the codex is unknown and the original can never leave Venice and is housed in the National Library of St Mark's.
Here's more on
Saint Mark's Basilica, Venice, In Painting;
Piazza San Marco, Venice, in Painting;
The Doge's Palace, Venice, in Painting